My favourite way to consume chia seeds is by adding plant milk and garnish with yoghurt and fresh fruit.
Chia seeds are among the healthiest foods on the planet. Dating right the way back to Aztec times, the word ‘Chia’ literally translates in Mayan as ‘strength’ and is what warriors would eat when they went into battle. This is due to their high protein content and energy-giving qualities. When the seeds are soaked in liquid they simultaneously expand up to nine times their original size.
ALMOND CHIA PUDDING
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 2 cups plant milk (I use soya)
- 2 tbsp agave nectar
- 3 tsp almond extract
- fresh fruit
- your favourite yoghurt
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and stir well.
- Allow to soak for a couple of minutes stirring well to avoid clumps.
- Let sit for 1 hour before serving (best overnight in the fridge).
- Top with your favourite yogurt and fresh fruits.
This is the product I used for this recipe available from Amazon
This post contains affiliate links which means I will make a small commission if you purchase through those links. I only recommend products that I know, trust and love! For more information, see my disclosures policy.